Friday, February 24, 2012

Chalk Paint Experiment

I really like the way the room divider turned out.  I wonder if you could get the same effect as the expensive chalk paint with just a flat paint and wax over that?  I think I'll use the knock off recipe and not buy any more of the expensive stuff.  Maybe if I was painting furniture as a business I would consider it.  I kind of got caught up in the hoopla and had to at least try it.  I didn't wax the room divider because I didn't want to invest any more time.  I painted it, distresssed it and screwed it all back together.  I'm kind of impatient.  That's why I love spray paint and would use that on everything if I could.  It's my I WANT RESULTS NOW type personality.  The new color suits the rest of the decor in the bedroom.




I may try to use something other than black the next time I paint a piece of furniture.  It's just so easy to go with black.  I've got a couple of end tables in the garage that could use some paint.  I do have a can of ASCP in Duck Blue (you remember - caught up in the hoopla).


2 comments:

  1. This looks great, Jodie! I love the red and white toile with the black. It's such a nice screen, too. I have one I use in my craft/sewing room, but it's one of those open grilled type and I just added some of my fabric to the back of it. Yours has some nice character to it. Have fun with the Duck Egg. Since you got it you might as well use it! I did a dresser with Duck Egg for my master and I just love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the toile!

    ReplyDelete